|Hamworthy Station, between Bournemouth and Wareham,
was at one time Hamworthy Junction where the "old route" to
Brockenhurst via Ringwood and avoiding Bournemouth started. The semaphore
signal in the background on the left is for the rarely used Hamworthy Goods branch.
photographs by Paul Ferbrache
|Hastings Station, with the garish Connex colours of that era.
photograph by Michael Taylor
|The present exterior of Hastings Station, looking rather more
modern than before.
photograph by Colin Duff
|Heathfield Station on the Cuckoo line. This station had the
distinction of being the first public building to be lit by natural gas when
the LB&SCR discovered gas whilst looking for water in 1895. It was so lit
from 1898 until 1963. The gas was not used apart from lighting the station as
this gas supply was too small to be commercially viable.
photograph by Ray Soper
All photographs are copyright
return to Southern Maps
return to sundry stations index page
return to picture gallery page
This page was last updated 06 December 04