East Farleigh station, on the Medway Valley line that opened between Paddock Wood and Maidstone on 25th September 1844. Twelve years later the line was extended to Strood on the North Kent line, opening on 18 June 1856. This wooden building on the southbound platform housed the ticket office but was closed during 1989. The building remained disused for many years, though was kept in good condition, and is now used by Network Rail staff.

photograph by Gregory Beecroft

East Farleigh
East Farleigh A view looking back along the up platform towards Strood..

photograph by Gregory Beecroft

The gated level crossing and crossing 'box. East Farleigh lost its semaphore signals in September 2005 to colour lights controlled by Ashford IECC, though the lever frame was retained.

photograph by Gregory Beecroft

East Farleigh
Etchingham station Etchingham station, on the Hastings line, between Tunbridge Wells and Battle. Date unknown.

photograph: Mike Morant collection

All photographs are copyright

return to Southern Maps

return to sundry stations index page

return to picture gallery page

This page was last updated 24 June 2011

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!