SEmG

Shepherds Well

Shepherds Well station first opened on 22nd July 1861 when the London, Chatham & Dover Railway opened its line from Faversham to Dover. Situated in the Kent coalfield a line that is now part of the East Kent Railway was opened as part of the Colonel Stephens empire in 1911 to serve Tilmanstone Colliery. The line was closed in 1984 during the miners strike, but lives on as a part of the preserved EKR.
 
Shepherds Well The main building is on the down side of the station and was photographed here on 28th July 2007.

photograph by Neil Walkling

 
The platform side of the main building where there is a built-in waiting shelter.

photograph by Neil Walkling

Shepherds Well
 
Shepherds Well A general view across the tracks showing both platforms and the public telephone on the up platform.

photograph by Neil Walkling

 
The waiting shelter provided for up passengers.

photograph by Neil Walkling

Shepherds Well

All photographs are copyright

First | 2nd

This page was created 9 August 2007

SR Target

Valid HTML 4.01!