SEmG

Littlehampton

Littlehampton station opened on 17th August 1863. Prior to the building of this spur to Littlehampton the town was served by a station on the west coast route at Lyminster (also referred to as Littlehampton and Arundel) which closed on the same day that the new Littlehampton station was opened.
 
Littlehampton Two views of the rather decrepit buffer stops at the end of the "washer" road with the former goods shed visible in the photo on the right.

photographs by Glen Woods

Littlehampton
 
The Signalbox and the rather fine semaphore platform starters for the long island platform.

photograph by Glen Woods

Littlehampton
 
Littlehampton The platform starters for the shorter platforms, with the above signals visible in the background.

photograph by Glen Woods

 
A closer view of the Signalbox.

photograph by Glen Woods

Littlehampton

All photographs are copyright

return to Southern Maps

return to picture gallery page

This page was last updated 3 December 2002

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!