sr.png

Wroxall

Wroxall station, opened when the Isle of Wight Railway extended from Shanklin to Ventnor in 1866, had two platforms, a passing loop and a 280 ft siding. The station closed in 1966 when the line to Ventnor was cut back to Shanklin.
 
The main platform at Wroxall....

photograph by Richard Neal

Wroxall
 
Wroxall .... and the loop platform at Wroxall.

photograph by Richard Neal

 
General view of the station showing the footbridge and a swan-neck lamp post.

photograph by Keith Harwood

Wroxall
 
Wroxall Momentary activity as a Ryde-bound train interrupts the station’s tranquility! There was a siding on the main platform side of the station, which can just be made out through the arch of the road bridge.

photograph by Keith Harwood

 
02 Nº22 and train at Wroxall on the last day of service, 17th April 1966.

photograph by Ray Soper

Wroxall
 
Wroxall A train on Whitely Bank, between Shanklin and Wroxall.

photograph by Richard Neal

All photographs are copyright

IoW Pages | Ashey | Brading | Cowes | Haven Street | Mill Hill | Newport | Ryde | Ryde MPD | Ryde Pier | Shanklin | Ventnor | Wroxall

return to Southern Maps

return to picture gallery page

This page was last updated 22 January 2003

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!