SEmG

Frimley

Frimley station is situated on the Ascot to Ash Vale line just under one mile up from Frimley junction where the double track singles until Ash Vale junction. The line is a link between the Reading and Aldershot lines and was first authorised in 1873. It opened from Ascot to Sturt Lane on 18th March 1878 and from Frimley Junction to Ash Vale on 2nd June 1879. Electric services commenced on the line from 1st January 1939. The station building is the original from 1877. The photographs on this page by Ian Morgan were taken in 1988, by which time the station had adopted Network SouthEast colours.
 
The station building seen from the forecourt is on the down (southbound) side of the line. This building is similar to others on the line and is slightly larger than that at Bagshot two stations up the line.

photograph by Ian Morgan

Frimley
 
Frimley A view over the platforms looking south. 4 Vep unit 7744 is working a down service.

photograph by Ian Morgan

 
Although the station lampposts are in Network SouthEast colours the station nameboard is not and is still to British Rail corporate image design. Perhaps they were relatively new when the station was repainted. Note the ubiquitous Southern concrete footbridge linking the platforms.

photograph by Ian Morgan

Frimley
 
Frimley The boarded up and graffiti daubed waiting room on the up platform.

photograph by Ian Morgan

 
The view looking north from the footbridge. The station is 37 miles and 48 chains from Waterloo via Twickenham.

photograph by Ian Morgan

Frimley

All photographs are copyright

First | 2nd

This page was last updated 3 December 2002

SR Target

Valid CSS!    Valid HTML 4.01!