|The ornamental ironwork on this platform canopy column on Clandon station
(opened by the LSWR on 2 February 1885) contrasts strongly with the perforated
metal platform seats introduced by Network SouthEast.
photograph February 1998 by Tony Galiani
|This brick building with a sliding door was used
as a goods store on the platform of Colyton station (Seaton Branch).
There was also a larger goods shed to the south end of the station.
photographs July 2000 by Colin Duff
|LSWR barleytwist lamppost on Ropley station Mid Hants Railway. Note
also the topiary for which this station is legendary.
photograph May 2000 by Colin Duff
All photographs are copyright
return to the Southern Artefacts menu
return to picture gallery page
This page was last updated 3 December 2002